GPD has a commitment to, and been a practitioner of, sustainable design for many years. We draw upon our experience to provide designs that are energy efficient, healthy, and sustainable for the owners and occupants.
Your Responsible Steward
- LEED Accredited Professionals in every discipline of design.
- Members of the United States Green Building Council since 2004.
- Experienced with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) projects.
- Changing the way we operate our business, GPD Group is committed to reducing energy consumption, reducing waste, and improving the environments in which we work.
- Members of Entrepreneurs for Sustainability (E4S).
Sites that support the environment in which they are located.
- Site layout that maximizes open space and reduces heat island effects while achieving your goals for parking and site utilization.
- Storm water design that reduces water quantity and improves water quality.
- Site lighting design that minimizes light trespass.
- Environmental studies that identify Brownfield sites and proper remediation methods.
- Green roof and high reflective roof design and implementation.
Efficient systems and fixtures that reduce water usage.
- Landscape design that utilizes native plants to eliminate or reduce irrigation systems.
- Rainwater harvesting system design and implementation.
- Plumbing design utilizing the latest technology for water saving fixtures without impacting maintenance budgets.
Energy & Atmosphere
Energy efficient design that provides a return on your investment.
- Energy efficient lighting design.
- Daylight harvesting and lighting controls.
- Energy efficient mechanical systems including the geothermal systems.
Fact: GPD Group has been designing geothermal systems for over 12 years.
- Renewable energy sources such as photovoltaic solar panel system design.
Fact: GPD designed the largest continuous solar array in the State of Ohio in 2008.
Materials & Resources
Creative designs that incorporate used, regional, recycled and renewable content materials.
- Coordination with the suppliers and general contractor on proper specifications, installation, waste management and documentation.
- Interior design and architectural design using recycled content materials and rapidly renewable resources.
Indoor Environmental Quality
Development of indoor environments that promote the health, safety, and well being of the occupants.
- Mechanical engineering that meets or exceeds standards for ventilation, humidity, and comfort.
- Specifying low emitting materials for a healthier environment.
- Architectural design that maximizes daylighting and provides a connection to the outdoors.
- Creativity that goes beyond design and includes process and programs that enhance the building use and inspire the occupants.
- LEED APs in every discipline of design to ensure your project meets your objectives and the requirements of the USGBC.
Representative Projects for this Market